NEWS: ANNUNCIO DI LAVORO
Kam For Sud cerca un
Reconstruction Project Manager in Nepal
Kam For Sud is a Swiss NGO established in 1998 in Ticino, believing in solidarity between human beings and in the value of intercultural work based on mutual respect, dignity and friendship. Kam For Sud works in Nepal with a local partner organization, Kam For Sud Nepal, mainly in the field of education, health, the protection of childhood and sustainable development oriented technologies.
Among others, Kam For Sud has supported the community of the Saipu village (Ramechhap District), in various activities in the above mentioned fields. Like many other villages in the region, Saipu has been severely affected by the earthquake of 2015. After the relief phase in the aftermath of the disaster, Kam For Sud has now developed a reconstruction support project for the village of Saipu, consisting in the following main components:
- training program for 80 masons and carpenters;
- technical support (identification and implementation of locally adapted and low-cost anti-seismic techniques);
- support for the reconstruction of the collapsed/damaged village houses (about 600);
- reconstruction of the public infrastructures (2 schools and a health post with birthing centre).
The project is currently well on track, the various components have been developed and organized and the implementation phase has started.
For the continuation of the project implementation, we are seeking an experienced
Reconstruction Project Manager
Role and responsibilities
In close collaboration with the Kam For Sud Nepal projects coordinator, the reconstruction project manager will lead the implementation of the Saipu Reconstruction Project, including planning, organizing and monitoring all related activities; managing the human, material and financial resources; providing technical guidance; assuring the quality control; coordinating with the stakeholders at village, district and national level; developing and implementing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system; producing regular progress reports.
The position is based in the Saipu VDC, with regular stays in Kathmandu. The contract is for about one year, with possibility of extension. Starting date: November 2016.
- advanced education degree in construction-related fields (engineering or architecture);
- at least 4 years of professional experience, including at least 1 year of field experience in housing/shelter reconstruction within a humanitarian/international cooperation project;
- readiness to live in a very simple rural context with basic comfort conditions;
- analytical, management and coordination skills;
- strong relational skills and ability to work in a challenging intercultural context;
- proven ability to work also in a pressuring environment;
- good communicative skills in spoken and written English;
- familiarity with the Nepalese culture and the Nepali language is an asset.
We offer a very challenging and interesting position in a stimulating working environment. Travelling and staying costs are provided, together with an adequate salary and good social conditions.
Information and candidatures by email to Daniel Pittet, email@example.com by the end of June 2016.
EDIZIONE SPECIALE SUL LAVORO POST-TERREMOTO IN NEPAL
oppure di seguito in formato immagine…
Con gratitudine accogliamo le vostre donazioni con la menzione “TERREMOTO”
Notizie aggiornate dalla pagina facebook dell’associazione www.facebook.com/kamforsud (leggibile anche senza avere un account Facebook)
e “lettere dal Nepal” da Annick Reiner, arte-terapeuta presso il centro RODEC di Kam For Sud, scritte nell’immediato dopo-terremoto